Monday, April 26, 2010

Your Daddy


He wanted a baby boy in the worst way. As much as I knew you were a girl the moment I found out we were pregnant, your Dad swore you were a boy. He even asked the ultrasound technician to check numerous times to make certain you were in fact a girl. He tried so hard, but couldn't hide his disappointment that he was going to have a little girl and not a little boy. That all changed the moment you were born. He said it was love a first sight. You stole his heart, and now he can't even imagine not having you. I know he was nervous about becoming a Dad, since his own Dad passed away when he was young, but he is a complete natural with you. He calls me constantly during his busy day to check on you, we have to send him pictures and videos on a daily basis, and he hates to go on business trips now and leave us. You already have him wrapped around your little finger and I know he is just going to spoil you. He longs for the the days when you can run up and jump in his arms, but I keep telling him that those days will be here before we know it, and not to wish this time away. I can't even tell you how many times I look over at him with you and he is just staring at you with tears in his eyes. I don't think he ever knew he could love someone as much as he loves you. You make him so happy and he calls you his angel. You are without a doubt the little girl he never knew he wanted so badly.





No comments:

Post a Comment