Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rocking You to Sleep

I work the 3-11 shift at the hospital part time because I figure it is the least amount time I have to spend away from you, without affecting my sleep (cause we know I love to sleep). The only thing that I really miss is putting you to bed every night. So on my nights off, it is my favorite thing to do. You are an incredible sleeper, always have been, and go down without a problem every night around 8. I could just put you in your crib and let you fall asleep on your own, but I miss being with you so much on the nights that I work, that I can't help but want to rock you asleep in your rocking chair.
We turn off all the lights, except your small nightlight, put on your lullaby renditions of old classic rock songs by the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and The Cure and rock away. You are usually asleep within 5 minutes, but I sit with you in my arms and listen until the whole CD is done. I love your tiny head asleep on my shoulder, your little fingers holding on tight to your blankie, and the calm and peacefulness that takes over your room. I'm not sure how long you are going to let me rock you to sleep, so as long as it makes you happy I promise you on all my nights off, I'll rock you for as long as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment