Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring has Sprung


It is so wonderful to finally for the first time in your little life take you outside without a coat, hat, mittens, and a blanket! I love to take you for walks outside now in the beautiful springtime weather. I like to show you everything. It's the first time you have seen green leaves on the trees, birds in the feeder, flowers in every color, bright green grass. It's the 29th spring that I have seen, and it's amazing how differently I am looking at it now because of you. I love holding the lilacs up to your nose and just when I really think you are going to smell them like I showed you, you open that mouth up wide and try to take a bite! We walk past the lily of the valleys everyday, and I can't wait for them to bloom next week. I tell you everyday that they are my favorite flower. You always stop and stare at the wisteria, probably because it is the most beautiful purple I have ever seen. We walk past all the berry bushes that will be ripe in a few months. I point out the blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and cherries. When they are all ready to eat, it will be just about the time you will be eating finger foods...you are so lucky! You love to watch the dogs run around, and the ducks play in the water. When the warm breeze blows, it almost takes your breath away, but you always smile. You love to sit in the grass and just run your fingers and toes all through it. I can't imagine what goes through your little mind as you are seeing all these things for the first time. It's a big world little girl, we've got lots of things to see yet!

2 comments:

  1. ditto.(on what mitzi said)
    what a lucky girl to have a lucky mommy to cherish these things and to take the time to teach her little girl about the important things.

    ReplyDelete