Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Your Bulya


She cried the moment I told her I was pregnant. Sobbing in fact. The first thing she said after we told her, was she hoped you were a girl. She quickly backtracked making certain we understood that she would love a boy just the same, but she really wanted a granddaughter so badly, it was written all over her face. Daddy and I decided we were going to find out at our 20 week ultrasound if you were in fact a boy or a girl. I told him if you were a boy, he had to call Bulya and break the news to her over the phone, I said if you were a girl, we were going to drive right over and I wanted to tell her myself. And that is exactly what we did. I was bursting with excitement the entire ride over to her house, I couldn't wait to tell her. And she once again cried the moment I told her you were a girl. More like sobbing. I will never forget that moment for as long as I live. It was like giving someone the best present you could ever give. Your Bulya is one of the strongest women I know. Not much has ever come easy for her, but she never uses that as an excuse. She raised the man I fell in love with, and I hope I can be as good of a mom to you as she is to your Dad. She watches you about twice a week now while I go to work, and she truly lives for those days. She loves to take you on long walks, and always calls to remind me not to forget your stroller. She loves to buy you clothes, and show you off to her friends. I know she can't wait for shopping trips, sleepovers, and manicures when you are a little older. She would keep you permanently if I let her! I can already tell you two have a quite a bond, you never cry when I leave you if you are safely in her arms. I hope have a big heart like her, she would do anything for you. You are the little girl she has been waiting a lifetime for...moe zoloto!

2 comments:

  1. again...i am crying. what is wrong with??? and dont you dare say it!

    ReplyDelete