Friday, April 23, 2010

The Day Reese (and Baby Jesus) were Born!

Aunt Jen and I found out we were having girls before you and Maya were born. Aunt Jeanette wanted to be surprised! As soon as she found out her due date (December 22nd) she swore she was going to deliver on Christmas Day. She wanted a baby boy in the worst way, even though I was hoping for another little girlfriend for you and Maya Grace. Christmas Eve everyone always gets together at Mimi's house, and a very pregnant Aunt Jeanette stopped by after church. This is the last picture of her pregnant, because the next morning, Christmas Day, she went into labor.

I was siting at Christmas dinner, waiting for the call from her, giddy with anticipation and excitement, finally going to know if it was a boy or girl! At 6:59pm on Christmas night, Reese Ryan was born. I was screaming with happiness, your Aunt Jeanette had us so convinced it was a boy!
Reese was perfect and once again, for the third time in the same year...I was in love.

About a week later we took you and Maya to meet your new best friend Reese. As crazy as it was that we were now all mothers, we were all mother's to little girls. Growing up together and knowing how important your girlfriends are, I couldn't help but get teary eyed knowing that you girls were going to all grow up together and one day be as close as the 3 of us are.


4 comments:

  1. I looked stellar that day! And ps...cuppy was born at 6:59!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can NOT believe jeanette was pregnant in that pic! what a bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she was 7lbs. 7oz....my bad, I fixed it

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture of the 3 of us, maya looks bigger than jen, and meeks looks like a stiff board

    ReplyDelete