Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Beautiful Baby Girls!


MADDIE (2 years) EMMA (10 weeks) MAYA (11 months) MICHAELA (5 months) REESE (3 months) MARIAM (8 weeks)

In late March we all decided to make the 2 hour car trip to Lancaster to visit Bekah, Maddie and baby Emma. This would be the first time all the girls were finally together. We had waited for a day like this for awhile, and I know I was so excited to see everyone together!

Although hectic, and not really the catch up gab fest I had anticipated, we all had a great time and I'm sure the girls did too! It was a very surreal moment, at least for me to be in this room with all these baby girls. We have all known one another for so long, seen each other through good times and bad, experienced pretty much every milestone together, and now experiencing the most life changing one of all. Motherhood all at the same time! I really tried through the chaos to let it all sink in and savior that moment, knowing next time we would all be together the girls would all be so different!

I still glimpse at Jen and see her as her 15 year old self and recall all the days we spent together trying to act and be so "grown-up". Spending weekends at her house, while her parents were away, thinking we were so independent. I look at Bekah and remember the first time we met, when Jen brought home her new college roommate. We instantly clicked and it was almost as if she was always there with us as well. Her sense of humor and mine are so in sync, we always make each laugh. I picture Sam and I at 18 spending a summer weekend in Avalon, clothes everywhere, make-up all over that tiny dresser, endless conversations between girlfriends spent on that dock. And life never really existed before Jeanette, not that I can really remember anyway. I've never felt so at ease with someone, and I probably never will. And now we are all mothers at the same time to these little girls. We are all so different in our parenting styles too, just like we all liked different clothes, different boys, and different kinds of beer. But the common thread that has always bonded us and continues to bond us now is love. The love in that room was overwhelming, and all though is was noisy and crazy you could feel it. Passing one baby to the other, to the other, to the other. There was so many smiles, and laughing and pure happiness. It's crazy to think we will all have 16 year old girls someday, but right now we are trying to savior every moment with these beautiful baby girls!




We are all finally what we were meant to be, mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment