Friday, April 30, 2010

Girl Talk

Now that the weather is warmer I want you two outside as much as possible. The problem is you are both mobile. Maya is standing and on the verge of walking any day now, and you are rolling both ways and trying desperately to crawl. It's nearly impossible for one person to handle both of you, so Mimi and I brought the pack n play out on the patio. As I was struggling to get it out the back door, I was thinking to myself the odds of both of you actually sitting in here for more than 5 minutes, is slim to none. But I set it up out there any way, filled it with books and toys, and plopped you both in. Maybe it was because you were never in there together, maybe it was because we were outside, who knows and who cares because you and Maya loved it. Maya brought books over to you, and started chattering away as if she was genuinely trying to read to you. And you listened, and looked, and just let Maya talk and talk and talk. You both were in there for about and hour, which in baby time is an eternity, too bad Mimi and I didn't utilize the time to do anything, we were just so mesmerized by your little gab session.

You both are growing so much everyday, I can't even believe you are 6 months old and Maya is a year. You are both so different, but get along so well, just like Jen and I. These are the days her and I have been waiting all our lives for. These are the moments that we only dreamed would someday happen, and we never even dare dreamed that they would happen for the both of us at the same time. Lucky doesn't even being to describe how I feel when I look at the two of you. Such wonderfully beautiful little souls that have blessed me beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment