Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Big Girl

You have been threatening to do this for weeks. You mastered sitting propped up against something, but every time I took my hand away you face planted in a matter of seconds. I learned quickly to always have you on a padded surface, and we tried and tried and tried. And finally today you did it. Only for about a minute or so, but long enough for me to grab the camera and snap a picture. It's funny because I fixate all the time on how big you are getting so quickly and how sad that makes me, so you would have thought my initial reaction to you sitting up would be sadness...but of course it wasn't. I was so proud of you, mostly because you were so proud of yourself. You tried to sit up as straight as you could without toppling over, and you were smiling from ear to ear, as if to say "hey look what I did!" I love you so much little girl, you are just the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment