Friday, April 23, 2010

Meeting Aunt Mitzi for the First Time


When you were born Aunt Mitzi and Uncle Josh lived out in California. The moment you were born I so wished that my sister was there to see you. Her and I are as close as two people can possibly be. She moved out to California right after her wedding almost 3 years ago, and I have been missing her ever since. Although we fought a lot growing up, we soon became each other's best friend as the years past. Your Aunt Mitzi understands me like no one else, can make me laugh harder than any person on the planet, and knows exactly what buttons to push to make me so angry. She keeps me grounded when I'm upset, knows exactly what to say to calm me down, and can make me smile with just a look. She is the most genuine human being I have ever met, the smartest person that I know, and for her to not be here to see you grow every single day makes me so sad.
The first time she met you, you had just turned 6 weeks old. I was giddy with excitement when I got up that morning to pick her up at the train station. Every time we reunite, it's like no time apart has happened at all, but this time was different...I couldn't wait to show you to her. It was the same overwhelming feelings of emotions, just like when everyone rushed to the hospital to see you the day you were born. It's almost like this ultimate sense of accomplishment, "look what I made", but to put you in her arms, was something so much bigger than anything I had felt before.

Your Aunt and Uncle spent 10 days home, I'm pretty sure she instantly fell in love over those 10 days. Even Uncle Josh warmed up to you after awhile. They haven't been home to see you since, but are planning to come home the end of this summer. I send them pictures and videos daily, and we skype as much as we can. You are going to be a totally different baby the next time they see you, but I dream about the day she sees you again often. You are going to be a little person with so much personality. You are going to be talking, trying to walk, and not so much a baby anymore. You two have the exact same eyes, and sometimes I look at you and see my baby sister again. It's the next best thing to having her home with us again!

I hope you grow up and love her as much as I do, I hope you look at her and know she would do anything for you, I hope you two are as close as we are, I hope she teaches you all the things I can't, and I hope someday you will understand just how much she loves you. Your Aunt is my heart, and all things that are good in this world. She is the most amazing woman, and I am so lucky to have her as my sister, and you are so lucky to have such an amazing Aunt.

4 comments:

  1. i cried the whole time i wrote it...stupid mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet.
    i hope my girls are like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, sissy,,, tonight I was just telling josh how happy I am to be following this blog. It kills me that I'm not there with you to see you being a mommy, and not sharing this experience with you everyday (it'd be cool to hang out with meeks too!). I'm so glad you're doing it... I feel so lucky to read it. xoxo love you

    ReplyDelete