Thursday, July 1, 2010

Heaven


One day when we went to the beach, you fell asleep in my arms down by the water. Instead of putting you down, I got my chair and placed it down by the ocean. It was around 9:30am and not many other people were on the beach. The morning sunlight was reflecting off the calm ocean, and I buried my feet deep within the wet sand. You were sound asleep againest my chest, your little hands placed up around my neck, and I wrapped your towel around you to shield you from the hot sun. I looked out across the ocean, took a deep breath, and began to thank God for you and for this beautiful day. A sudden calmness came over my entire body and I began savoring every single second of holding you on the beach, and I permanently began etching it in my brain, because I knew in only a few short hours it would be nothing but a sweet memory. I don't know what heaven is going to be like, but I imagine for me it will be that exact hour played over and over again until the end of time. I love you my sweet little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment