Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Your First Vacation


Your Poppy spent his summers on Long Beach Island. Your Great Nonna would take him there with all his sisters and cousins. And when he became a Dad, he started taking Aunt Mitzi and I there as well. The same house in Ship Bottom on 7th street. That was the vacation we took every year, and I looked foward to it as much as I did Christmas. I loved listening to Poppy's stories about his days spent down there as a kid. It was always so exciting pulling up to that house and running in, checking every room out again, and having all the memories of the year before come flooding back in your mind. Aunt Mitzi and I shared a room growing up, and it was always exciting to come down the shore and FINALLY get to have our own rooms (even though on many occasions we ended up back in a room together!) It's just a simple house, nothing fancy, but filled with so many amazing memories for everyone in our family. When I was pregnant with you, I would day dream about all the things that I couldn't wait to do with you...and at the top of the list was take you down to LBI. And finally that dream came true.
First Vacation LBI June 19th-26th 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment