Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Christmas

I can't really put into words the feeling of Christmas in our first home together as a family. Last Christmas we were still living at Mimi and Poppy's and we moved to our house in early April, so Christmas was the furthest thing in my mind. But when fall turned into winter and Thanksgiving came and went, it was all I could think about. I have always LOVED Christmas and most of all because my mom made it such a special time and I loved the feeling of having everyone together under one roof celebrating. I was much more excited than you were this year. You were still excited, but had to be reminded it was Christmas morning, in my head I had fantasized you running down the steps in the morning (even though I knew you were only 2)! You were excited to see all your presents but once you opened one you could have cared less about the rest! That was so your Aunt Mitzi as a kid! We went to Mimi and Poppy's for Christmas breakfast, and then you went to Aunt Michele's for Christmas dinner and I unfortunately had to go to work. But next year I think that you are going to be at that perfect magical age where you really "get it" and are going to be so so so excited! And I have off of work next year for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so maybe we can convince your Aunt Mitzi to come on home.





 Our Christmas Card 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment