Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve



I decided to host Christmas Eve this year...not sure what I was thinking, but everything ended up being great. We had a lot of family and friends over and you, Maya, and Dillon were running around like crazy lunatics. Unfortunately Reese was sick and we missed her a lot. The three of you LOVED opening up all your presents and even though I'm not sure you quite understand what Christmas is really about, you sure know its something magical. I had to force myself to stop playing hostess, and get on the floor and watch you kids. The excitement in those little faces as you guys tore through the gifts was priceless. I mean that is really what Christmas is all about, and next year is going to be even better. After the house was cleaned up and all the dishes were put away, and mostly everyone had left. I sat on the floor with you and read you "The Night Before Christmas". I'm still trying to think up all the Christmas traditions I want to do with you year after year, and I think this will definitely be one that sticks. One tradition I'm willing to give up is dinner here...so much work...maybe we will be back at Mimi's again next year! First Christmas in our new home was definitely one to remember...we are very blessed.





Dillon opening some presents!



Merry Christmas 2011





SANTA CAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment