Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Morning at the Playground


It was a morning like any other, and we were out and about running errands. I drove past the playground, and quickly turned in. I figured if nothing else you could swing on the swings. I placed you down around all the kids and the playground equipment, and you looked up at me as if to say "are you sure I can go?" I assured you that you could touch whatever you wanted and you could climb anything at all. You are so much like me sometimes that its scary. You want to look at everything from afar, before you dive in to it all. After a few minutes you started climbing the ladders, I held your hand as you slid down the slide, I lifted you up to the monkey bars as you grabbed on to everyone, and you finally could fit in the swing by yourself and feel secure. I was tearing up that morning thinking that my "baby" was actually playing at the playground. Sure you weren't running around or even walking for that matter, but you were exploring and having fun, doing more than you have ever done. I guess that morning it finally hit me that you aren't so much a baby anymore, but you are most definitely more fun than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment