Thursday, September 9, 2010

Grange Fair

When Aunt Mitzi was home, the Grange Fair was going on, so we decided to take you there one night. You love the dogs and ducks at home, so we thought for sure that you would be excited to see all the animals. I even was thinking that I would take you on the merry-go-round. You were so completely overwhelmed by all the people at the fair. You didn't cry, but the look on your face was sheer horror. You were acting so unlike yourself, that you even had me a little scared. We wheeled you up to the animals and you just stared. You didn't point, or chatter, like I had pictured. I finally picked you up and held you. Whispered in your ear that everything was fine, and you started to warm up to the fair in about an hour! I didn't dare try to put you on a ride, fearing I may traumatize you more than I already did. You are so much like me, you like to stand back from afar, take it all in, and then slowly but surely you finally start to relax. Maybe next year you will have more fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment