Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I am beyond blessed to be celebrating Mother's Day for the first time. You are such an amazing little soul and have made me the happiest mother on this planet. I spent the day thinking about how many special women have touched my life, and have been showing me all along the way what it is to be a mother. I hope that I can take a little bit from everyone of them and show you what it means to be a "good" mom. I've been thinking about Mimi the most, and how lucky we both are to be able to share everyday with her. She helps me more than anyone, and you love her so much. You get the biggest smile on your face every morning when she comes in to see you. You just started reaching out for her when we walk past her and you are in my arms. You only do it for me and her, no one else for right now, and we are savoring every embrace. Everything I do well for you, it's because Mimi did it for me. She has showed and taught me so much over the years, and I hope we can both do the same for you. I look at your Mimi in a whole new way now that I am a mom, and one day I hope when you are a mom that you will understand. We love you very much and are so happy to be spending mother's day all together.

"Before i was a mom... I never learned the words to a lullaby. I never thought about immunizations, i have never been puked on, pooped on, drooled on, chewed on, or peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple little grin. I never sat up for hours watching a baby sleep. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when i couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that i could love someone so much. I never knew i would love being a mom. Before i was a mom... I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside of my body."

1 comment: